What is a Face Serum?
A face serum is a concoction of 70% active ingredients which appears slightly thicker than water and thinner than oil. It is used in between cleansing and moisturising your skin to allow the active ingredients – hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid, and vitamin C – to perpetrate deeply into the skin, unlike face oils. It addresses specific skin problems like ageing, alleviating skin wrinkles, retaining the skin moisture, to go light on the makeup, etc.
The difference between a face serum and face oil is that,
Face Serum dives deep into the skin because of the smaller molecules and helps in retaining the moisture from within.
Face oils work on the skin’s surface to maintain moisture. The thick and oily texture makes it difficult to sink into the skin.
Benefits of a Face Serum
Every skin product brags its own accolades owing to its composition and a face serum is no special. The hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid, and vitamin C components in the serum help your skin in many ways when used correctly. Using it regularly will make the benefits visible and you will feel your skin gets more plumped up.
- Helps in lightening the scars, skin blemishes, fading dark spots, and improving overall brightness of the skin.
- Collagen and vitamin C serum helps in making the skin firmer, fuller, and plumper thus reducing the ageing signs.
- With regular use of face serum, your skin will be less inflamed, resistant against dryness and redness thus making it look moisturised and dewy.
- Lesser open pores which mean lesser pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
- Reduces the puffiness in your eyes thus making it look fresh. You can use it as an eye mask.
How to choose a Face Serum?
You have your face wash, exfoliator, moisturiser, sunscreen, foundation and compact sorted, so what’s next?
It’s obviously the Face Serum.
There are many face serums serving a variety of purposes for the skin. You need to choose one based on
- the skin problem you are trying to treat: if it's the dark patches around the mouth, skin tone, eye puffiness, blemish.
- skin type: oily, dry, acne-prone skin. Read the description and purchase the serum that directly addresses your problem.
Deyga’s Beautifying Serum is a unique blend of oils and herbs and is formulated to help skin look young and healthy. It is non-greasy, lightweight and fast-absorbing and helps make the skin smooth and soft.
How to use a Face Serum?
Now that you know
- about the face serum
- its benefits and
- how to choose one,
it’s time to know how to use one…
Step #1: Cleanse
Cleansing is the first step for healthy skin. You can either scrub or use your favourite face wash and thoroughly get rid of all the debris.
Step #2: Toner, Mist or Ice
Use a toner or dab some ice on the skin. This will open the pores to accept the nutrients ensuing it.
|| Tip: Items on the face need to be used based on their viscosity – from thinnest to the thickest.
Step #3: Face Serum
Use either the ordinary serum, if you have no proper issue to be addressed, or the anti ageing serum on your face.
Pour 2 or 3 drops, rub against your palms and gently dab on your face. Press your palms on your skin and move in a circular upward motion until the face serum is evenly distributed.
The lesser the better...
Wait for 5 mins and then continue your regular makeup.